The following are some things patients tend to open up my interview with that drive me nuts.
I generally start with something like “So, I see you are having some ______. When did that start?”
Unacceptable answers are:
- “Well Doctor, let me start from the beginning…”
- “Wait, I don’t know you. Where’s my Doctor?”
- “Give me something for pain”
- “Fuck you”
- “Well, it all started way back when….”
- “You don’t know my history, do you?”
Feel free to add some of your own painful conversation openers.